Running a sub 3 hour marathon takes patience and persistence.
You don't need to get too hyped up over talent. Talent that doesn't work will get beat by the athlete with heart that does.
Follow the training fundamentals that I teach here on rundreamachieve.
- Train near, at or far below 6:52 per mile pace
- Pay attention to your hydration practices
- Focus on quality versus quantity
- Believe in delayed gratification
- Have a long-term view and realize this is a marathon, not a 5K
- Work on your speedwork and often
- Have fun
- Do tempo runs
- Allow yourself time to recover
- Run easy when you should and fast when the training requires it.
The name of the game is smarter training. We all have been taught to work hard. That being said, hard workers don't always get the top results.
78 percent of the American population are living paycheck to paycheck. Is this an example of leverage? How many hard workers out there are broke and not financially independent? The numbers are staggering.
Seek leverage with your training and you will have a far better chance of running a sub 3 hour marathon.