Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information
Looking for a legitimate sub 40 minute 8 week 5k training plan to help you break the sub 40 minute 5K barrier? If so, this 8 week 5k training plan beginner-level schedule will help to ensure you succeed. The 40 minute barrier demands that the athletes sustains 12:53 mile pace for 3.1 miles.
So, improvement of the athlete's lactate tolerance is essential. The workouts contained with this 5k training program are manually built by 14:18 5K runner and founder of rundreamachieve, Nathan Pennington.
The athlete will be utilizing some of the top strategies used by some of the world's top distance runners. Also, you will be utilizing the same specific workouts Nathan used to lower his 5K PR 15:19 to 14:18. Examples of these types of workouts and mindset revolved around this 8 week 5K training plan are:
- Long tempo runs spent training at, near and even below goal 5k race pace
- Emphasis on longer, varied place long runs
- High focus on easy, relaxed running on recovery days to ensure highest ROI for your results
- 1, vo2max workout per week focusing training down toward your mile to 3K race pace
- Plan consists of mileage with low of 31 miles and high of 56 miles per week
How Long Should You Train for a 5K?
4 to 16 weeks is plenty of time to prepare properly for the 5K distance. 8 weeks is sufficient time to get ready for your 5K. Need more time? You may want to check out our 16 week 5K training plans. Remember, it isn't about the amount of mileage you are doing as much as it the quality of the miles or kilometers you are putting in.
The athlete who is going for a sub 40 minute 5K time is an incredibly strong and anaerobically fit expert. You will need to devote 3 to 8 hours or more each week preparing for a race of this length.
The goal with RunDreamAchieve training plans are to help athletes work smarter, rather than harder. We focus on specific training to get the athlete's race pace to feel more in control.
Also, to train at the anaerobic threshold. You, as the athlete, will be racing your 5K right around or slightly above this intensity. So, it is critical that we prepare you to get as efficient at running at this pace as possible.
8 Week 5K Training Plan Philosophy
One of the biggest mistakes runners make is running too many kilometers or miles too slow. In addition, they are still running too fast on easy days. Remember, all of the benefits of the hard work you do will come within the rest period.
The RunDreamAchieve 8 week, sub 40-minute 5K training plan is built to ensure you get the best results. Again, it isn't about the volume as much as it is the quality of the work you are doing.
Sub 40 Minute 5k Training Plan Facts
- Instantly downloadable and available in powerpoint PDF format upon purchase
- Low week of 31 miles with highest week rising to 56 miles (more or less miles can be added/subtracted as needed but “only” on easy days)
- created by a 14:18 5K and 2:19 marathoner with over 30 years of experience
- Simple, easy, week to week scrolling training plan
- 30-day, no questions asked, money-back guarantee
- PayPal verified
- 8 week 5K training plan with a 10-day taper to yield you get the highest return on your investment
So, if you are ready to become a 39.59 5K athlete get your copy of the 8 week sub 40 minute 5K training plan today. Make sure to visit RunDreamAchieve University for more resources. Also, subscribe to the RunDreamAchieve YouTube Channel for free content updated weekly.
Need more ongoing coaching regarding this training plan? Make sure to check out the RunDreamAchieve private coaching community to learn more.