Sub 31 Min 10K Training Plan
Aiming for a sub 31 minute 10k training plan that will get you the results you are seeking? This marathon training scheduled was handcrafted by 31:09 10K athlete, 2:19 marathoner and founder of RunDreamAchieve, Nathan Pennington. Please read below for further information and details
Review the below information for more details.
Looking for a sub 31 min 10k training plan to help you run under that 31 minute 10K barrier? If so, this 8 week 10k training plan will help to ensure you succeed. The 31 minute barrier demands that the athletes sustains 4:59 mile pace for 6.2 miles or 3:06 per kilometer for 10 kilometers.
So, the focus with RunDreamAchieve 10K training plans is to help improve the athlete’s lactate tolerance. The workouts contained with this 10k training program are manually built by a 31:09 10K, 14:18 5K runner and founder of rundreamachieve, Nathan Pennington. Our goal is to help you minimize slowing down and getting race pace to feel easier. The objective is to sustain 10K race pace longer than your competition.
The athlete will be utilizing some of the top strategies used by some of the world’s top distance runners. Also, you will be utilizing the same specific workouts Nathan used to lower his 5K PR 15:19 to 14:18 and 10K from 32:25 to 31:09. Examples of these types of workouts and mindset revolved around this 8 week 10K training plan are:
- Focus on longer tempo runs spent training at, near and even below goal 10k race pace
- Emphasis on longer, varied place long runs
- High focus on easy, relaxed running on recovery days to ensure highest ROI for your results
- 1, vo2max workout per week focusing training down toward your mile to 3K race pace
- Plan consists of mileage with low of 31 miles and high of 56 miles per week
- Emphasis on mental training and rehearsal
- Leverage strategies to help outwit your competition
Sub 31 Min 10K Plan
4 to 16 weeks is plenty of time to prepare properly for the 10K distance. 8 weeks is sufficient time to get ready for your 10K. Need more time? You may want to check out our 16 week 10K training plans. Remember, it isn’t about the amount of mileage you are doing as much as it the quality of the miles or kilometers you are putting in.
The athlete who training to run under a sub 31 minute 10K time has to be in great mental and physical shape. You will need to devote 3 to 8 hours or more each week preparing for a race of this length.
The goal with RunDreamAchieve training plans are to help athletes use leverage work smarter, rather than harder. Leverage simply means doing more with less We focus on specific training to get the athlete’s race pace to feel less aggressive. In addition, to teach the body to use what it has much of, fat storage and conserve what it has much less of, carbohydrate (glycogen) storage.
Also, to train at the anaerobic threshold. You, as the athlete, will be racing your 10K right around or slightly above this intensity. So, it is critical that we prepare you to get as efficient at running at this pace as possible.
Sub 31 Min 10K Training Plan Perks
One of the biggest mistakes runners make is running too aerobically too often. A sub 31 minute 10k training plan should focus on about 60% aerobic and 40% anaerobic training. You also want to ensure you are running easy enough on your recovery days. Remember, all of the benefits of the hard work you do will come within the rest period. The athlete’s body is about 2 to 3 times weaker immediately following a hard, anaerobic workout.
The RunDreamAchieve sub 31 minute 8 week 10K training plan is built to ensure you get the best results. Again, it isn’t about the volume as much as it is the quality of the work you are doing.
10k in miles comes out to 6.2 miles or 10,000 meters. It is the longest track race covering 25 laps. That being said, there are specific ways you can train to get the highest return on your investment. Our plans show you what workouts are needed.
Sub 31 10K Training Plan Facts
- Instantly downloadable and available in powerpoint PDF format upon purchase
- Low week of 31 miles with highest week rising to 56 miles (more or less miles can be added/subtracted as needed)
- created by a 14:18 5K and 2:19 marathoner with over 30 years of experience
- Simple, easy, week to week scrolling training plan
- PayPal verified
- Purchase is encrypted for your protection
- 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied
- Purchase comes with 10% off all RunDreamAchieve Merch at our Merch Store
- 8 week 10K training plan with a 10-day taper to yield you get the highest return on your investment
So, if you are ready to become a 30.59 10K athlete get your copy of the sub 31 minute 8 week 10K training plan today. Make sure to visit RunDreamAchieve University for more resources. Also, subscribe to the RunDreamAchieve YouTube Channel for free content updated weekly.
Need more ongoing coaching regarding this training plan? Make sure to check out the RunDreamAchieve private coaching community to learn more.