Searching for a sub 2 hours half marathon training plan? If so, this 8 week half marathon training will help to ensure you succeed. How do you run a half marathon under 2 hours demands that the athletes sustains 9:09 mile pace for 13.1 miles or 5:41 per kilometer for 21.1 kilometers.
The goal of RunDreamAchieve 8-week half marathon training plans is to help improve the athlete's lactate tolerance. The workouts contained with this half marathon training program are manually built by a 1:07:06 half-marathoner and founder of rundreamachieve, Nathan Pennington. Our goal is to help you slow down less than your competition. In addition, get that sub 2 hour half marathon pace to feel more in control and less demanding on your body.
You will be using the same types of workouts I used to run personal best from 5K to the marathon. Examples of these types of workouts and mindset revolved around this 8 week half marathon training plan are:
- Focus on longer tempo runs spent training at, near and even below goal half marathon race pace
- Emphasis on longer, varied place long runs
- High focus on easy, relaxed running on recovery days to ensure highest ROI for your results
- 1, vo2max workout per week focusing training down toward your 3K to 10K race pace
- Plan consists of mileage with low of 31 miles and high of 62 miles per week (more mileage is allowed depending on how you are feeling)
- Emphasis on mental training and rehearsal
- Leverage strategies to help outwit your competition
- 8 weeks long
- Focus on a 10-day rather than a 3-week taper aimed to get you to your goal race in top shape and motivated rather than tired
Running a Sub 2 Hour Half Marathon
4 to 16 weeks is plenty of time to prepare properly for the half-marathon distance. 8 weeks is sufficient time to get ready for your half marathon. Need more time? You may want to check out our 16 week half-marathon training plans. Remember, it isn't about the amount of mileage you are doing as much as it the quality of the miles or kilometers you are putting in.
The athlete who training to run under a half marathon in 2 hours has to be in great mental and physical shape. You will need to devote 3 to 8 hours or more each week preparing for a race of this length.
The goal with RunDreamAchieve training plans are to help athletes use leverage work smarter, rather than harder. Leverage simply means doing more with less We focus on specific training to get the athlete's race pace to feel less aggressive. In addition, to teach the body to use what it has much of, fat storage and conserve what it has much less of, carbohydrate (glycogen) storage.
Also, to train at the anaerobic threshold. You, as the athlete, will be racing your 10K right around or slightly above this intensity. So, it is critical that we prepare you to get as efficient at running at this pace as possible.
Running Half Marathon under 2 Hours
One of the biggest mistakes runners make is running too aerobically too often. A half marathon training plan 8 weeks long should focus on about 60% aerobic and 40% anaerobic training. Easy days are exactly that, easy. A common mistake made by so many runners is running too fast on easy days.
Remember, all of the benefits of the hard work you do will come within the rest period and there is only so many times you can stress the body's energy systems. The athlete's body is about 2 to 3 times weaker immediately following a hard, anaerobic workout.
The RunDreamAchieve sub 2 hours half marathon training plan is built to ensure you get the best results. Again, it isn't about the volume as much as it is the quality of the work you are doing.
Sub 2 Half Marathon Training Plan Facts
- Instantly downloadable and available in powerpoint PDF format upon purchase
- Low week of 31 miles with highest week rising to 62 miles (more or less miles can be added/subtracted as needed)
- created by a 1:07:06 half-marathon and 2:19 marathoner with over 30 years of experience
- Simple, easy, week to week scrolling training plan
- PayPal verified
- Purchase is encrypted for your protection
- 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied
- Purchase comes with 10% off all RunDreamAchieve Merch at our Merch Store
- 8 week half marathon training plan with a 10-day taper to yield you get the highest return on your investment
So, if you are ready to become a 1:59:59 half-marathon athlete get your copy of the sub 2 hr half marathon 8 week training plan today. Make sure to visit RunDreamAchieve University for more resources. Also, subscribe to the RunDreamAchieve YouTube Channel for free content updated weekly.
Need more ongoing coaching regarding this training plan? Make sure to check out the RunDreamAchieve private coaching community to learn more. You may also want to check out the Sub 2 Hour Half Marathon Domination course.