Seeking a better strategy to run a mile under 5 minutes? The RDA 6 minute mile training plan was built by 4:22 miler and 2:19 marathoner Nathan Pennington. This plan is focused mainly on quality versus quantity in terms of volume capping out at 45 miles at the highest for weekly mileage. Remember, this is the mile, not a 5K or marathon so tons of weekly mileage is not needed. What is needed is adequate preparation to get 90 second 400m speed to feel more in control and less aggressive.
The sub 6 minute mile training plan is broken up into 4 phases and is a 16-week training plan.
1 Mile Plan Specifics
The 4 phases are the base, anaerobic introduction, speed specific and taper phases. The goal with this plan is to provide athletes with a 10-day taper. I achieved personal bests of 50:54 for 10 miles, 1:07:06 for the half-marathon and 2:19:35 following the workouts in these plans. The key is not dropping your volume and intensity too far out. So, you want to ensure you feel energized rather than fatigued. Also, you don't want to feel lethargic leading into your next race. A common mistake runners make is dropping their volume and intensity too soon.
This specific training plan is focused on building stamina, endurance and overall speed to be able to hit 4 laps under 90 seconds each. Progression is the key and gradually increasing the speeds of the workouts. Workouts will b on the track or roads and will vary with recovery times in between. The 6 min mile training program is built to provide more rest and less aggressive splits early on with less rest and much more demanding workouts as the athlete progresses in fitness.
There is a significant drop in volume and intensity in the last 10 days of this training plan. The athlete who is investing in this training program can run their sub 6 min mile attempt on the track or the roads. It all depends on your preference. If you want to dominate and break the 6 minute barrier this is the training plan you want to focus on. Athletes who have run anywhere from 6:10-6:55 are the perfect candidates for this sub 6 minute miler training plan. We also have other one mile training plan options available.
Sub 6 Minute Mile Run Training Plan Facts
- Instantly downloadable upon purchase and comes in powerpoint PDF format
- The plan will be available to you instantly upon payment
- created by a 4:22 miler, 9:27 two-mile, 24:32 5-mile, 50:54 10-mile, 1.07 half marathon and 2.19 marathoner specialist
- easy, week to week scrolling training plan
- PayPal verified
- Purchase is encrypted for your protection
- 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied
- Purchase comes with 10% off all RunDreamAchieve Merch at our Merch Store
- 16-week training plan with a 10-day taper to yield you the highest return on your investment
- One mile training plan highest mileage week is 45 miles.
So, focus is on quality versus quantity. The goal is to help you to train smarter, not necessarily harder and get better results.