4:20 16 Week 50K Training Plan
Searching for a sub 4:20 16 week 50K training plan that will get you the results you are seeking? This 50K training schedule was handcrafted by 2.19.35 marathoner and founder of RunDreamAchieve, Nathan Pennington. Read below for further information and details.
Review the below information for more details.
Looking for a 4 hour 20 minute 16 week 50K training plan to help you break the sub 4:20 barrier? If so, this 50k ultramarathon training schedule will help to ensure you succeed. The 4 hour, 20 minute barrier demands that the athletes sustains 8:23 mile pace for 31 miles. So, improvement of the athlete’s lactate tolerance is essential. The workouts contained with this ultramarathon training program are manually built by 2:19 marathoner and founder of rundreamachieve, Nathan Pennington.
The athlete will be utilizing some of the top tactics used by some of the world’s top distance runners. Also, you will be utilizing the same specific workouts Nathan used to lower his marathon PR from 2:43:36 to 2:19:35. Examples of these types of workouts and mindset revolved around this 16 week 50k ultra training plan are:
- Long tempo runs spent training at, near and even below goal 50K race pace
- Long, varied place long runs
- Focus on easy, relaxed running on recovery days to ensure highest return on investment
- 1, vo2max workout per week
- Recovery weeks every 4th week to ensure recovery is taking place
How Long Should You Train for a 50K?
4 months is plenty of time to prepare properly for the 50K distance. That being said, it isn’t about just the volume you are doing as much as it the quality of the work you are putting in. The athlete who is going for a sub 4 hour, 20 minute 50K time is an incredibly strong and anaerobically fit expert. You will need to devote 8 to 10 hours or more each week preparing for a race of this length.
The goal with RunDreamAchieve training programs are to help the athlete to work smarter, rather than harder. We focus on specific training to get the athlete’s race pace to feel more in control. Also, to work longer training at the anaerobic threshold. You, as the athlete, will be racing your 50 kilometer race right around or slightly above this intensity. So, it is critical that we prepare you to get as efficient at running at this pace as possible.
Ultra Training Plan 50K Philosophy
One of the biggest mistakes runners make is running too many miles or kilometers too slow. In addition, running far too fast on easy days. Remember, all of the benefits of your hard work will come within the rest period. The RunDreamAchieve Sub 4 hour, 20 minute, 16 week 50K training plan is built to ensure you get the best results. Again, it isn’t about the volume as much as it is the quality of the work you are doing.
Sub 4:20 50k Ultra Marathon Training Plan Facts
- Instantly downloadable and available in powerpoint PDF format upon purchase
- Low week of 48 miles with highest week rising to 97 miles (more or less miles can be added/subtracted as needed but “only” on easy days)
- created by a 2.19.35 marathoner with over 30 years of experience
- Simple and easy, week to week scrolling training plan
- PayPal verified
- Purchase is encrypted for your protection
- 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied
- Purchase comes with 10% off all RunDreamAchieve Merch at our Merch Store
- 16-week 50K training plan with a 10-day taper to yield you get the highest return on your investment
So, if you are ready to become a 4.19.59 50K specialist get your copy of the sub 4:20 50K training plan today. Make sure to visit RunDreamAchieve University for more resources. Subscribe to the RunDreamAchieve YouTube Channel for free content updated weekly.
Need more ongoing coaching regarding this training plan? Make sure to check out the RunDreamAchieve private coaching community to learn more.