Are you seeking to run under sub 1 12 half marathon pace longer? If so, our 20 week half marathon training plans were built to help you use leverage. You will need to sustain 5:29 per mile for 13.1 miles or 3:25 per kilometer for 21.1 kilometers. My job as your online mentor and coach is to provide a plan to help you get that sub 1 12 half marathon pace to feel easier.
The only way to do is to improve the body's lactate tolerance. Easy running alone will not do this. The athlete has to recruit more fast twitch muscle fibers in order to run more economically (efficiently). RunDreamAchieve 20 week half marathon plans were built with the end goal in mind, results.
Our plans range in mileage from 28 miles to a high of 71 mile per week. Of course, I am fine with athletes adding to or taking away a few miles or kilometers. That being said, quality sessions should not be adjusted.
Who Designed RDA 20 Week Half Marathon Training Plans?
Coach Nathan Pennington brings over 30 years of experience to the products and services he has created here at RunDreamAchieve. Nate is a former member of the US Army World Class Athlete Program (WCAP) and ran a personal best time of 2:19:35 for the marathon while assigned to the prestigious unit. His personal best for the half-marathon stands at 1:07:06.
Nathan also is a retired US Army medical service corps officer and having served just over 20 years on active duty. He served his first 6 years as an enlisted Soldier before graduating from the US Army Officer Candidate School (OCS) in 2009.
Coach Pennington qualified for and made two world Armed Forces Cross-Country teams while serving in the military. Also, has trained and lived with some of the world's top runners including Olympians who taught him the mindset one needs to success in this sport.
More importantly, Nathan's focus is now on to help runners exceed what they think they are capable of. The 5 month half marathon training plans here at RunDreamAchieve are designed to help runners get into superior shape. You are more than welcome to visit our about page if you would like to know more about Nathan's running career.
Is 1 Hour 12 Minute Half Marathon Pace Good?
Yes, sub 1 12 half marathon pace is a very legitimate effort for many runners. The half marathon is a highly aerobic event but you still need to develop your speed. In addition, train for longer periods of time at your anaerobic threshold. Your anaerobic threshold is running at between 85 to 88% of your maximum heart rate. It is the point where lactic acid starts to build up in your body.
Remember, we race right around or slightly above the anaerobic threshold. So, you don't want to run too many of your miles or kilometers at too easy of a pace. Again, the strategy here is to sustain pace longer than your competition. There are many runners around the world seeking to break the sub 1 12 half marathon barrier. My aim with RunDreamAchieve 20 week half marathon training plans is to help you to work smarter, not harder.
Higher mileage is not a guarantee you are going to break this barrier. You need to have high focus on aggressive, anaerobic training coupled with easy, recovery runs to adapt. It takes the body between 21 days to 4 weeks to adapt to any stress load you are placing on it. So, a 5 month half marathon training plan is the best training time frame you could pick for your race.
1 12 Half Marathon Plan Benefits
- High focus on longer tempo (anaerobic threshold) runs spent training at and below your goal marathon race pace
- Longer, varied paced long runs followed the next week by easier long runs
- Emphasis on jogging on easy days to ensure the athlete adapts to the hard training he or she is doing
- 1, Vo2max workouts built in to improve your stamina and to make sub 1 hour 12 minute half marathon pace feel more manageable
- Built and designed by a 1:07:06 half-marathon and 2:19:35 marathoner with over 30 years of experience in the sport
- Program consists of mileage between 28 miles and high of 71 miles per week (only 1 week of plan is this high)
- Top level training strategies to help you outlast your competition when it comes to pace sustainment
- Plan is 20 weeks long, the absolute best time frame to properly train for a half-marathon
- Plan integrates a 10-day taper to ensure you go into your goal race fully rested, the proper way
Free Coaching Tips via the RunDreamAchieve YouTube Channel
Coach Pennington created the RunDreamAchieve YouTube channel in 2019 to help runners of all ability levels get to the next level. Make sure to subscribe today to get access to free training advice and tips. Nathan was mentored and coached by three of the world's top distance running coaches, one of which being a Boston Marathon champion.
- Jack Hazen (Nate's collegiate coach from 1995-2000 and 2012 USA Olympic Men's and Women's distance coach)
- Dr. Joe Vigil (one of Nate's mentors and a world-renowned exercise physiologist and distance coach)
- Lisa Rainsberger (coached Nate from 2007-2010 while he was assigned to the US Army World Class Athlete Program)
The training principles contained within your 20 week marathon training schedule are the same tactics Nate used to run a PR of 2:19:35 for the marathon and 1:07:06 for the half-marathon. The way to success in the half marathon distance is following all of the fundamentals, not just physical training.
20 Week Half Marathon Training Plan Facts
- Comes in easily downloadable, powerpoint PDF format upon purchase
- Once notification of your purchase Nathan will personally send you your training plan
- Low week is 28 miles with the highest week at 71 miles (mileage (easy runs) can be adjusted according to your needs
- Hand designed by a 14:18 5K, 50:54 10-Miler and 2:19:35 marathoner
- Simple and easy, week-to-week scrolling training plan taking out the guesswork of your training
- Built specifically for athletes seeking to break the sub 1 12 half marathon barrier
- Purchase is encrypted for your protection
- PayPal verified
- 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied
- 5 month (20 week) half marathon training plan with a 10-day taper to ensure recovery takes place and you go into your half marathon in optimal shape
- Purchase also comes with 10% off all RunDreamAchieve Merchandise apparel and gear
So, if you are ready to become a sub 1 12 half marathon athlete get your copy of the 20 week sub 1 hour 12 minute half marathon training plan today. Make sure to visit RunDreamAchieve University for more resources.
Need more ongoing coaching regarding this training plan? Make sure to check out the RunDreamAchieve private coaching community to learn more.