Are you searching for more details about the on cloud X shift running shoes? If so, welcome to RunDreamAchieve. I am glad you have arrived here to my website. My goal is always to share tips and strategies to help my visitors get to the next level in their training and racing. What I love most about On Running is there shoes are designed for extreme cushioning and shock absorption.
We as runners spend so much time on our feet. So, recovery and being able to handle the mileage we put in is essential for running success. Shoes like the on cloud x shift and other models like the on cloud nova are two of my favorite models this company has created. On Running was founded in 2010 and is a Swiss company. The running brand has made waves around the world and is now seen in over 90 countries. In addition, they also have a professional running team too.
What is the Drop on the on Cloud X?
The on cloud X shift running shoes is very lightweight at only 8.47 ounces and is one my top recommendations for a training shoe. In fact, many runners could compete in shoes this light. Of course, the company does have other models that are even lighter which may be a better fit for road racing.
This model is great for cross-training workouts, agility drills and are perfect for short to moderate ranged runs.
On Running Cloud X Shift Review
What I love most about this on cloud x shift is that it is lightweight but still provides optimal support and cushioning while running. In addition, it is also very comfortable. I wish we would have had this type of shoe technology when I first started running in 1992. That being said, shoe technology continues to advance and On Running has done a superior job of this.
The mid and outsole of the shoe is also extremely responsive. The shoes upper construction is not only lightweight but breathes optimally. Also, it is perfect for training especially in hotter conditions. I wouldn't recommend training in these shoes if you are focusing on Cross Fit or into lighting heavier weights.
Is the Cloud X Good for Running?
Yes, the on cloud x shift running shoe is one of the best options for running out there. It is extremely versatile for training, is lightweight and breathable. In addition, it features trademarked on running shoe technology called CloudTec and Helion helping you to perform better.
The shoe is great for middle to long distance runs. The fact the shoe is so lightweight it may not be the best fit for lifting weight in or doing more aggressive workouts like CrossFit in. The mid and outsole of the shoe is extremely lightweight and you literally feel like you are running on clouds
As mentioned above, the on cloud x shift shoe features the CloudTec outsole. In addition, Helion superfoam. Thus, ensuring you the highest levels of comfort and mobility. You will be investing in a shoe that is not only responsive, versatile but extremely lightweight. Again, the weight of cloud x shift on running shoe is only 8.47 ounces.
Are Cloud X Good for Wide Feet?
Yes the on running oncloud x shift can accommodate all foot types. There are some downsides to this particular model though. They are not the best fit if you are focused on wearing them during lifting. They will not fully support loads that exceed 275 pounds. In addition, the price of the shoe at $159 may not be in the best for athletes on a budget.
Remember, you get what you pay for. Are there other models that are cheaper? Of course, but you should definitely consider these as a potential legitimate training shoe. Yes, they are a good cross-training shoe but watch if you are going to be spending a great deal of time in the gym wearing them.
The reason being is the upper design of the shoe doesn't have a great deal of durability. So, if you want to focus on a legitimate CrossFit shoe this may not be the best model. in addition, the midsole of the on cloud x shift shoe compresses under relatively lighter loads.
Is the On Cloud X Worth It?
Of course, the on running cloud x shift running shoe model is designed for cross-training. Also, it is perfect for runners focusing on short to middle ranged runs. Again, the fact that the shoe is lighter means you may not want to wear them for harder tempo runs longer than 5 miles in length.
The price ($159 USD) is reasonable if looking for a legitimate training shoe that is going to last. It is also a great shoe for walking or standing. Of course, the price may not fit for athletes that are looking for cross-trainers that can withstand far more serious and robust training. Also, I noticed that the on cloud x shift shoe's upper does fold somewhat when tightening the laces. That being said, it isn't going to cause an issue with impact performance.
Tips to Run Faster and Longer
- Focus on spending more time training at your anaerobic threshold. A major mistake I see many runners making is running too many miles or kilometers per week too aerobically. Remember, you will be racing right around your AT or tempo effort. So, gradually extend the duration of your tempo runs and work to lengthen the distance of your tempo runs to equal double of your race distance.
- Run faster long runs. So, don't just run and slow every single weekend. I was able to improve my marathon PR from 2:43:36 to 2:19:35 using this strategy.
- Invest in your personal development. I have created running courses, training plans and offer monthly coaching here at RunDreamAchieve. It helps to speed up your learning curve if you know what you need to be doing on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Focus on mental training. You have to regularly see yourself training and racing at the level you are dreaming about. The majority of runners only focus on physical training and neglect mental rehearsal. The best middle to long distance runners focus on both.
- Jog on easy days. Remember, the benefits of the hard work you are putting in today will be generated weeks from now. It takes the body between 3 to 4 weeks to adapt to any stress load you are placing on it. So, make sure you are running slow enough on your easy days to ensure you are adapting to the track and road workouts you are doing.
I hope this brief on cloud x shift review has been of assistance to you. On Running is one of the very best running shoe brands out there and one that I fully recommend here on RunDreamAchieve. Make sure to subscribe to our RunDreamAchieve YouTube channel. I create new training videos each week to help runners such as yourself get to the next level in their training and racing.