Are you seeking more information about the altra escalante running shoe? If so, welcome to RunDreamAchieve. Altra is one of the world's most popular running brands. The company is located in in Utah and was founded by Brian Beckstead and Golden Harper. Brian and Golden were both runners and were seeking new innovation in the shoes they were working on. In fact, that spent many years working in a running shop. So, had a lot of experience testing out shoe technology and testing athletes.
The altra escalante shoe is based around the company's FootShape™ design. Brian was inspired to test a new shoe concept by using a household toaster. The company was founded 10 years ago and the Altra running brand continues to grow world-wide.
What Type of Shoe is Altra Escalante?
Are you seeking a lightweight training or racing shoe? If so, the altra escalante is a legitimate shoe to consider investing in. Also, highly cushioned so it works to ensure you are less fatigued after each run. The Altra shoes are designed around ensuring the athletes' feet function correctly. In addition, they have zero drop as well as a rounded toe box. So, you have plenty of room for your feet while running or walking.CHECK OUT OUR RUNNING COURSES
The shoe may not seem as responsive when running at faster paces though. The old style of the shoe did not have as responsive of a mid-sole while the newer models do. The new altra escalante 2.5 does have a softer midsole. Thus, you have a shoe that is much more durable and versatile.
Is Altra Still Zero Drop?
Yes, the altra escalante 2.5 running shoe is zero drop. There have been some changes made from the old to new style of the shoe. For example, the upper. The older version had only a one piece upper that was knitted. One of the issues with the shoes was that it didn't hold the athlete's foot properly to the midsole. So, at higher speeds it was causing issues on runners feet.
The new and improved altra escalante 2.5 now has a knitted upper that features no stretch at all. So, now the shoe ensures your foot stays in place even when adjusting to direction changes at higher speeds.
In addition, the 2.5 is highly cushioned thanks to its upper. One of the major differences runners state is that the new Escalente feels like a slipper compared with the old 2.0 version.
The 2.5 escalante altra shoe is much more comfortable versus the older, 2.0 version. Also, the 2.5 is much more broad in the toe box compared to the 2.0 version of the shoe.
Do Altra Escalante Have Arch Support?
Yes, the shoe almost feels so comfortable you may not even think you have shoes on. Remember, these are lighter trainers and/or racers. So, they could feature more cushioning. That being said, they are perfect for tempo runs, long runs and track workouts too. Also, they do have superior arch support as well as fit true to their size.
I wouldn't recommend these shoe if you are doing your long runs at slower paces. I am a big believer in faster, varied paced long runs. So, if you are planning on doing a faster long run then wear these. That being said, make sure to run the following week's long run slow and easy and with heavier trainers. of course, the altra escalante is still a legitimate shoe for long, slow runs too.
Again, it just depends on the athlete. You still have a shoe here with a dependable and responsive midsole providing adequate spring with each stride you take.
How Much Does the Altra Escalante Weigh?
The escalante altra 2.5 only weighs 8.5 ounces for men and just 6.9 ounces for women. So, you have a light weight trainer perfect for your faster efforts. Yes, they can still be worn for longer and slower runs as well. I would recommend this shoe for athletes seeking to race in a 10 miler, half-marathon or marathon for sure.
The reason being is they are light and will keep your feet comfortable during the race. Of course, it may take some time to get used to this shoe as it is a low drop shoe. So, it may take time additional time training in it in order to get used to the altra escalante 2.5 shoe.
One of the benefits of low drop shoes is they help you to run more economically (efficiently). In addition, in terms of biomechanics, it balances the pressure and stress over your lower back, knees, ankles and lower body effectively.LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PRIVATE, MEMBERSHIP COMMUNITY
Tips to Help You Run Faster
- Invest in the right shoes like the 2.5 escalante altra shoe. Again, the lighter shoes you have on your feet during tempo runs, faster long runs and your races the better.
- Run slow on easy days. Far too many runners are still running too quick on easy days and far too fast on hard days. The benefits of your hard training will come within the rest period.
- Invest in yourself. There are running courses, training plans and monthly coaching options here to help speed up your learning curve.
- Maintain your enthusiasm. Remember, this is just running. More to life than times and places. So, maintain your excitement for what you are doing. Also, remember your goals and why are doing what you are doing.
- Study what the best middle to long distance runners do in training and how they think. I ran 2:19:35 for the marathon, a time considered descent around the world. Watch enough of my videos on the Run Dream Achieve Youtube channel and you'll learn more of how I did it. You are also welcome to visit the about page to learn more about my background.
- Spend more time training at your anaerobic threshold (tempo effort). Remember, the key to running fast is to improve your body's lactate tolerance. So, you want to teach the body to clear lactic acid more efficiently and slow down less.
- Continue to develop your speed. Work on your leg turnover, focus on your form and staying as relaxed as you can during easy and fast efforts. The most relaxed athlete usually performs the highest.
- Mentally rehearse. Spend 10-15 minutes daily seeing yourself getting across the finish line in your goal time. There are far too many runners who only focus on physical training. The worlds' best focus on both physical as well as mental preparation.
I hope this overview of altra shoes has been helpful to you. Again, the escalante does provide a responsive ride. In addition, they are great shoes for those athletes seeking a lightweight trainer. Running fast splits definitely helps you psychology. Of course, we know this is more difficult if you are wearing heavier training shoes.
I often seen this mistake in the military when Soldiers seeking to run a faster 2 mile run time would always wear training shoes. So, wearing a lighter shoes can significantly impact your overall race performances. Make sure to subscribe to the RunDreamAchieve YouTube channel. I create new content there weekly with aims of helping athletes of all ability achieve new personal records.LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TRAINING PLANS