Are you seeking an 12 week sub 2 hour half marathon training plan? You are not alone. The good news is you have come to the right place. My goal is to help you become a 1:59 half marathoner and get you there faster.
I offer a lot of advice on my youtube channel. If you haven’t subscribed yet feel free to do so as I hope some of what you’ll watch will be helpful to you. I know how difficult the half marathon event can be. That being said, it can also be a lot of fun as well.
The overall goal for this post is to share some insights of what I believe will help you maintain 9:09 per mile pace. How can you sustain that pace without slowing down?
I’m currently working on a new course here at rundreamachieve for athletes such as yourself. The course will be called the Sub 2 Half Marathon Mastery course. My objective is to share a different type of running course not seen online that often.
Sub 2 Hour Half Marathon Training Plan Success Tips
The pace you need to sustain is 9:09 per mile or 5:40 per kilometer. So, the goal is to clear lactic acid faster than it is building up in the blood stream.
Why do so many runners miss this time barrier? Is it because they are not talented enough? Too old? I think not. My viewpoint is athletes can make the next big jump in their performance. What needs to be done? Here are a few.
- Long runs spent at higher heart rates for longer periods of time
- Not taking yourself so seriously – the best athletes get over bad performances quickly. The sooner you do this the better off you will be
- Spend more time running at, near or far below 9:09 mile or 5:40 kilometer pace
- Forget high mileage, focus more on quality and you’ll get better results
- Run easier on your recovery days
- Monitor your morning heart rate – 5 to 10 beats over your normal resting heart rate is a signal you need to take it easier for another 24-48 hours
- Conduct track sessions at your aerobic capacity – 175+ beats per minute i.e. repeat 200m,400m,600m,800m, 1K and 1 mile repetitions 30 seconds to 1-minute faster than your goal half marathon race pace
- Focus on improving your lactate tolerance: Train at or close to 167-74 beats per minute
What Is Glutathione and How Will It Help Get Me Under 2 Hours?
- Learn more about glutathione Every cell of the human body produces glutathione. How many runners do you know who have ever brought it up to you? Therein lies a clue.
Make sure to visit the archives page which is filled with articles that I have written about Glutathione. If you want to take your nutrition and preparation to the next level do not neglect learning about the body’s master antioxidant.
Few athletes know about it and are second guessing themselves when it really is they are running low on this antioxidant.
- Do strides. Strides are 50 to 100 meters in length but will help improve your leg speed and recruit more fast twitch muscle fibers.
- A 12 week sub 2 hour half marathon training plan should emphasize quality over quantity mileage. Use leverage. Work smarter, not harder.
Remember, it is easy to run slow for long periods of time. It is an artform to run fast over 13 miles and anyone can do it if they are patient enough.
Sign up for our newsletter and get weekly updates on training and racing. Be the first to know when the Sub 2 Hour Half Marathon Mastery course launches.
Additional Sub 2 Articles To Help Get You To 1:59:59
Below are a few more articles that I have written here at RunDreamAchieve that can assist you. I’m looking forward to hearing about your new personal best and how you felt when you broke the 2 hour barrier.
My overall goal is to create a course that is full of value and that will implement the same strategies that got me to 1:07. I hope the below listed articles can increase your knowledge of what it takes.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the RunDreamAchieve YouTube Channel please join the success team. You can receive instant updates when I create new videos that can help take your running to the next level.